- I think Geak understands what is happening around her eventhough she is very young.
- I wonder how their feet turned out as a result of walking so much and so long without shoes.
- I thought Loung was dreaming when she bumped into her family.
- I never really understood Cambodians hate for Vietnamese.
- Loung is lucky that she found Chou and Kim after the bombing, I almost cried...
- Is Loung afraid that she would face the same fate Kaev did?
- Where did Loung wandered off during the past three days after she found out her mother's death?
- Is Pa and Ma watching for Loung?
- Why do they kill people? What will it solve?
- Regime(pg. 155)-noun. a mode or systemof rule or government power.
- Jubilant(pg. 174)- adj. showing great joy or satisfaction.
- Infiltrate(pg. 184)-verb.to filter into or through.
- "I walk away not knowing when I will see them again"(pg150)- It's foreshadowing the next time they will see eachother again.
- "The village is quiet"(pg.159)-Ominous, it's a bad sign that something had happen or about to happen.
Loung visited her mom and learns that her mother suffered abit after she kicked Chou, Loung and Kim out. Later on Loung reunited with her family at the infirmary minus Pa,Kaev and Khouy(still alive). However, that is the last time she saw her mother because in he later pages t told of her mother and Gaek being taken away by soliders. Not after her discovery, she returns to camp but it soon get attacked. The only thing she thought during the chaos was to find Chou and in the end they found one another and Kim. Kimbeing oldest take cares of his younger sisters from then on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home